Sunday, February 5, 2012

Presentation 2 Rough Draft


20 Minute Lesson Plan

Prepared By: Melvin Rodriguez


House: East

 



Essential Question: What is most important when designing a structure?



Objectives: For my 20 minute presentation I plan to teach the class on how to properly identify the different styles of architecture that are common in the United States.




Teacher Guide

Time


Introduction


Hello, I am Melvin Rodriguez and today I am going to teach you guys a little bit more about architecture. The objective is to have you guys learn the different styles of architecture that are common here in America. I will do so by passing on what I have learned so far through my class, research, books, and videos. The audience will then be using what they learned in order to complete my activity.


2 min

Three Important Sources

1. (Source and justification.  Minimum speaking length: 30 seconds.)

2. (Source and justification.  Minimum speaking length: 30 seconds.)

3. (Source and justification.  Minimum speaking length: 30 seconds.)

Verification

(Steps to check for student understanding)

      Beginning of Presentation: In order to really see where the class is in understanding my topic I will have to ask the question of whether they have seen a specific type of house. Then I will proceed to ask them what style they believe that house is.
      End: Check for understanding by…having a few people answer my question of what style a certain structure is.

 2 min


Body

(Give and/or demonstrate necessary information)

Break down what you plan on talking about into manageable sections.

    Literal: I have learned a lot about the styles of architecture throughout the nation but more around the city of Los Angeles.
    Interpretive: When going around any city someone has to be able to appreciate the architecture and be able to understand where the architecture originated from.
    Applied: This topic can help me in the future because the first thing that a student of architecture has to be able to do is know what style’s of architecture there are in order to incorporate them into their designs. This will also help my project because I will be closer to knowing what is most important when designing a structure.



    Literal: 2 min
    Interp: 2min
    Applied: 2 min
Visuals (for Body of presentation) For my visual I plan to show pictures of different styles of architecture and showing the audience each one while also showing the basic sketch of these types of architecture so they could better understand how they look.

Activity

(Describe the independent activity to reinforce this lesson)


    What is the activity: The activity is that the audience will have to get into a few groups and draw a style of architecture. By being in groups the students will be able to share their understanding of what I taught them and thus help one another in sketching the right thing.
    How it will be done: I will have the class get into an even amount of groups and then ask them to draw a style of architecture that I have showed them. Each individual in the group must complete a drawing of their chosen style and for the participation I will hand out candy as a reward.



5 min

Materials  

I will bring plain paper, pencils, and candy.

Conclusion


I will depart the stage by asking the audience to tell me one thing they have learned in my presentation. I will take their answers and expand on what they said by saying how in the beginning everyone was pretty clueless on what I meant when I was talking about “styles of architecture” and how now they could not only just give me great suggestions, but how they could also differentiate the styles of architecture in our nation. I will end by saying how great of an audience they were and thank them for listening and participating.
2 min

No comments:

Post a Comment