Monday, September 26, 2011

Presentation Reflection

1. The interview with Dr. Fernandes influenced my presentation in a great manner. He emphasized a lot on the concept that good architecture simply occupies space while great architecture celebrates space. This really grabbed my attention when I first heard it because it gave me a new perspective when I look at architecture.


2. What stood out in my performance is that the way I reacted when my professor brought up the difference in good and great architecture was the same way my classmates reacted when I brought the concept up to them. They were a little confused because they did not see what I meant until I explained it to them vocally and visually and finally I heard "Oh!" Which made me know that I accomplished my objective of having my classmates see architecture in a new way.


3. The most challenging thing to do in this presentation was calming my nerves and setting my mind into presenting. This was hard because I had no true type of presentation for months but luckily forgetting what I was going to say never crossed my mind. In order to have a great presentation you as an individual have to be on a roll that keeps the information coming out of your mouth flawlessly. It was hard and it took me a while to find that spark but after taking a deep breath I settled down and just talked about architecture like it was second nature.

No comments:

Post a Comment