Monday, September 19, 2011

Senior Project Presentation 1

The objective of my first presentation is to introduce my classmates to architecture so they can capture a better picture of what it really is and help them better recognize the art that is all around them.
  • I will start my presentation by defining architecture and asking the class about any piece of architecture they could think of.
  • I believe most people will talk about random building, even the Cal Poly Admissions Building. With this I will go on to say that the portable they are in is an actual piece of architecture.
  • I predict most people will look down at this type of architecture and I will not neglect their idea of doing so but embrace it because of the idea that good architecture just occupies space and great architecture embraces it. I will emphasize this concept. 
  • To check for understanding I will bring up a couple of buildings and ask a student why a building of my choosing celebrates space and why the other building of my choosing just fills in space.
  • Once they answer I will explain why it is important.
  • My visual will be a folder with comparison's in all types of art from like maybe a hybrid car to a Ferrari, a cubical and an Donald Trumps office and so on.
  • I believe this visual will really help the students better understand what I'm trying to get into their heads and will be a great way to finish of my presentation.
  • Lastly I will say "Are there any questions?" and "Never forget that good architecture _ _ _ _ _? And great architecture _ _ _ _ _? That's right!"

No comments:

Post a Comment